Terms & Conditions
1) Each Quotation is an initial estimate and is valid for 30 days from the date of issue. Prices/ availability are based on current market rates/conditions & subject to change.
2) The exact price of your project will depend on measurements, scope of work and change in designs / material / finishes. Based on these revisions, you can expect the quote value to rise or drop by approximately 5-10% from the initial quote. However, in case of non-standard product selection / customization / additional scope of work, the prices may substantially increase from the initial quote value.
3) Based on your initial discussion with us, you shall make an initial payment of 10% of Order Value, for booking the order with Indigo Child, subject to terms and conditions mentioned herein, if applicable.
On signing/ confirming the scope listed in estimate sheets/ BOQ shared with you, the following terms & conditions will apply:
4) The Price structure, unless specified otherwise, has 4 instalments. First being the 10% of the estimate shared, which is paid at the time of confirmation/booking; Second instalment being 40-45% of the estimate, payable within 2 days from the date of finalising the design, third instalment being 40-45% as per the given payment schedule and the final instalment being the remaining 5% or amount as per final works list, which is payable as per the due date on site handover. In case of manufactured/ modular/ bought-out works project the payment schedule will be in 3 installments of 10% on confirmation/ booking, 50% on design sign-off & 40% prior to site delivery.
5) The initial estimates may not include civil, plumbing, gas-piping or electrical work. The exact value of this section of the quote will depend on the site conditions & requirements.
6) By default, all lofts will be non-soft close.
7) GST will be collected on each advance payment and GST invoices are raised only upon completion of the project.
8) If the third instalment (i.e., 45 % of the estimate) is not within the time stipulated in the notification/ email, you shall be liable to pay a demurrage charge of INR 500 per day, from the second day that the instalment becomes due till such time that the same is paid in full.
When civil work is done at site (including false ceiling, electrical, plumbing, gas piping, wall demolition, wall partition, etc.), hand marks and scratches are bound to occur and cannot be avoided. It’s recommended to have a final coat of paint after completion of all interiors. The costs for this are not included in interiors work scope & will be charged separately.
The project timeline period, if applicable, will begin once all 3 of the following stages are complete:
You & Indigo Child have signed off on your design.
You have accepted the Indigo Child Works Estimate/ Contract.
The payment for your second instalment (45% of quote value) is received.
Indigo Child shall not be liable in the event there are any delays in delivery attributable to Customer or due to an event of force majeure.
The word “Guarantee” or “Guaranteed” is used in marketing, branding, promotions, other places on the website and/or such other assets owned and managed by Indigo Child, in common parlance only and it should be interpreted accordingly.
Pre-Conditions for Timelines Guarantee
Timelines Guarantee shall not be applicable in the following cases;
1)If the following items are in your scope or the builder’s scope:
- a) Granite supply or installation;
- b) Hob and /or chimney supply or installation; or
- c) Electrical point shifting;
2) If the site has restrictions on work timings during the day.
3) If you are not in full possession of the site and temporary possession has been allowed by the builder.
4) If there is concurrent work being done at the site by any other third-party contractor like Painting, Wallpaper, Wooden Flooring or Carpentry Work during installation, and work being executed by the builder such as civil works, core-cutting, painting, etc.
5) The Timelines Guarantee shall not be applicable if there are any changes to designs after sign-off or once the order is in production.
6) If you are living at the site at the time of installation.
7) Abnormal hindrances in execution like Continuous Lack of Power, Non-Working Lifts, No Permission from Builder, etc.
8) A force majeure event occurs.
9) OEM replacements due to functional defects found at the time of handover are outside the timeline Guarantee. The replacements will be done based on the OEM timeline and Indigo Child will facilitate the replacements. E.g., hardware, appliances like hob and chimney, accessories, colour mismatch, etc.
10) Shade variation for the same colour of shutter finish will be replaced based on OEM (like Merino, Associate, Action, Tesa, etc.) timeline, free of cost, but the same will be outside of timeline Guarantee. Indigo Child will facilitate the replacements through OEMs.
11) If the woodwork component of the quote is equal to or greater than INR 15 lakhs then the timeline Guarantee will not be applicable due to the volume of work involved.
Upto 5-Year Warranty*
1) All your woodwork is covered under Indigo Child’s warranty of upto 5 years*. This safeguards you against any defect in manufacturing or in installation workmanship.
2) All accessories, hardware and appliances are covered as per the respective Manufacturer’s Warranty Policy.
Indigo Child provides a limited warranty on the Products as per the following 3 categories:
1) Covered Products:
In case of any manufacturing defect in any of the following Products, and the same being in the warranty period, Indigo Child shall repair or replace, at its discretion, the said Products.
Cabinet, Carcass 5 Years
Covers BWP Plywood, BWR Plywood and Commercial Plywood; Covers against delamination and edgeband peeling
Does NOT cover damage caused by misuse, negligence, normal wear and tear; Only bends that are >3mm will be attended by Indigo Child.
Shutters 5 Years
Covers all finishes and all core materials (BWP Plywood, BWP Plywood, Commercial Plywood, Armadio, Profi, Aluminium Shutter Frame); Covers against delamination and edgeband peeling
Does NOT cover damage caused by misuse, negligence, normal wear and tear; Only bends that are >3mm will be attended by Indigo Child
2) Products from OEMs:
In case of certain Products being procured from original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and supplied to you, you shall be provided with the warranty as provided by such OEM.
Hardware, Accessory Manufacturer’s Warranty N/A Rusting is NOT covered under warranty. Customers are advised to not use household cleaning agents, chemical sprays, etc; Does NOT cover damage caused by misuse, negligence, normal wear and tear Appliances Manufacturer’s Warranty N/A
Labour, Cleaning Charges (for Chimney) will be charged extra
3) No Warranty Products:
All other items, Products or materials supplied or used by us, an illustrative list of which is provided below, are provided on an as-is basis, without warranties of any kind.
Product Warranty Period Remarks Exceptions
Countertop; No Warranty
1 (one) year warranty for silicone sealants; Any leakage due to sealant in 1st year will be attended to by Indigo Child;
Granite and quartz are stones which are made of natural materials. They are susceptible to staining
Gas Piping, Tiling, Other Civil Work (False Ceiling, Painting etc); No Warranty
Inspection to be done by customer during handover and issues, if any, will be rectified.
Mirror, Glass, Other Fragile Item; No Warranty
No Warranty N/A Limitations to Product Warranty
Indigo Child does not warrant against and is not responsible for: (a) any condition of the Warranty Covered Products attributable to; or (b) any damage to such Products caused by any of the following:
1) Wear and tear suffered through normal use (including scratches, dents and cuts) or damage caused by impacts or accidents or mishandling.
2) Water leakage and seepage within the building structure and continuous dampness of the surface beyond (i) 72 hours for BWP grade plywood (IS710); 48 hours for BWR grade plywood (IS303); and 24 hours for exterior grade PB and HDHMR materials.
3) Degradation, discolouration, damage, fading, etc. in colour, grain, or texture of natural wood materials, laminates and other materials due to exposure to intensive or excessive light, sunlight, moisture or heat or other environmental factors.
4) Use of inappropriate chemicals, detergents, abrasives or other inappropriate cleaning agents that can damage the wooden surface of the products or rust the accessories.
5) Mistreatment, negligent use, misuse, insufficient or improper care (including but not limited to exposure to harsh weather conditions).
6) Alterations, modifications or use of products which are beyond or inconsistent with the supplied product instructions by Indigo Child and/ the usage of products which have not been authorised by Indigo Child.
7) Damage caused by any force majeure event (such as flooding, hurricane, earthquake, lightning, etc.), environmental conditions (such as air pollution, solvent exposure, mould, mildew etc.), or staining from foreign substances (such as dirt, grease, oils, sprays etc).
8) Improper maintenance of the Covered Products the same not being utilised for the intended purpose;
9) In case of a resale of the Covered Products (either as part of the sale of Customer’s property or otherwise);
10) the Covered Products have been subject to re-installation, repair or alteration by any person not authorised by Indigo Child;
11) Rusting of channels, hinges and other metallic parts, as these could be damaged due to household chemicals and sprays;
12) Damage is caused by any Force Majeure event (such as flooding, hurricane, earthquake, lightning, pandemic, lockdown etc.), environmental conditions (such as air pollution, solvent exposure, mould, mildew etc.), harsh weather conditions, or staining from foreign substances (such as dirt, grease, oils, sprays etc.).
Procedure to claim Product Warranty:
1) For claiming warranty against any of the Covered Products which is valid under the warranty terms, Customer shall call on our contact number, identifying the Covered Product and the defect observed, including sharing photographs and/or other proofs of the same.
2) Once we receive your written notice, we shall send our company authorised representative/s to your Site for inspection for assessing the same to confirm whether the claim is covered under Warranty.
3) If it is covered under warranty as per our representative’s information, we shall either arrange for repair or replace the defective Product.
4) In case of replacement of products: We shall provide a similar Product that is as close as possible in dimension, function and colour to the defective product. We do not guarantee that the replacement product will be exactly the same as the Covered defective Product. A replacement Product will not be covered by any further extended warranties.
5) Our cost liability in respect of a Covered Product Warranty will be limited to
For the 1st year after the date of delivery/installation – 100% of replacement cost;
Within 2nd to 5th year after the date of delivery/installation – 50% of replacement cost.
Service and Maintenance
1) For the first 6 months from delivery and installation, 1 (one) free service is provided to the Customers to address routine maintenance issues in respect of moving parts (hinges, channels etc.), such as alignment, the parts becoming loose, etc
2) To avail the free service, Customer should schedule a visit by contacting Indigo Child’s number 80959-99989. If the free service is not availed by Customer within the aforesaid period of 6 months, Indigo Child’s obligation to provide such free service shall lapse.
3) After the period of 6 months, in case of maintenance requirement, Customers can seek paid maintenance services, by contacting Indigo Child and scheduling a service visit. Such a visit shall be chargeable at Indigo Child’s then current service visit rates.
4) Any repairs or replacements advised during a service visit (whether free or paid-for), or any maintenance that may be sought by Customer, which is not covered under the Warranty terms, shall be done at additional charges. Indigo Child will provide Customer an estimate of such additional charges after inspection and assessment during the service visit.
5) Since some products are designed to have a lot of moving parts, our products may require occasional re-alignment and servicing. If there are any service and maintenance requests after the free service, they will be taken up on a chargeable basis. Indigo Child’s current service visit fee is a sum of Rs. 750 (Rupees Seven Hundred and Fifty) per visit paid in advance. This visit includes re-alignment of all products, but without any replacements. This request will have to be raised by the customer.
6) If the work includes re-alignment of units and/or replacement of items not covered under warranty (due to physical damage, continuous water leakage, rusting, etc), the cost of replacement will be over and above Rs. 750, and a bill for the same will be provided after the visit.
1) Post installation, the following set of services will be done at the site:
- a) Dusting, sweeping and mopping of all areas
- b) Cleaning of doors of the cabinets to remove pencil marks and dust
- c) Cleaning the insides of wooden cabinets
- d) Deep cleaning with the use of mechanical equipment is out of scope.
1) Any movement of materials by stairs above 3rd floor will attract the following additional charge/s:
- a) A fixed unloading charge of Rs. 3000 shall be charged for movement of material from 3rd floor and above where the service lift is unavailable.
- b) An additional charge of Rs. 1000 will be applicable for each floor movement of material from the 7th floor and above, where the service list is unavailable.
At Indigo Child, we wish to see every order successfully completed. However, since we too depend on other stakeholders (such as manufacturers, raw material providers, accessory suppliers), there are instances when we need to make changes to our prices and offerings. In such situations, we owe it to our customers to be fair and transparent, also allowing them to cancel their order if the situation demands. For all other instances, we would like to draw your attention to the table below:
Time of cancellation Stage of Order Policy
Within 48 hours from order booking: (Payment of first instalment of 10%) or site measurement visit, whichever is earlier
Design Stage: Prior to design stage starting- 99% refund of the Order Amount shall be made.
After order booking but before site masking stage: Indigo Child shall deduct 6% of the Order Value (finalized at order booking stage) as design and administrative costs. Balance advance amount shall be refunded.
After site masking but before payment of the second instalment of 40-45%: Nil refund.
Any time period after payment of second instalment of 40%/ Production Stage: Nil refund.
The customer will not receive any refund and further the customer shall be obligated to pay the remaining price of Order Value of the project to Indigo Child i.e., the remaining 50%.
1) Time period is computed from the date of order booking (10% payment received by Indigo Child).
2) Design Stage: This Stage commences after Customer makes payment towards 1st instalment of 10 % of the Order Value, and ends before payment of the second instalment of 40%.
3) Production Stage: This Stage commences when the Customer makes successful payment towards 2nd instalment of 40% of the Order value. It is during this stage the orders are pushed for production.
4) Order Value – This can be defined as the total value of your project that shall be paid to Indigo Child, as finalised post the confirmation of quote. This value is inclusive of all discounts and tax, as applicable.
5) Refunds as per above policy as applicable will be processed only to the customer bank account irrespective of what mode and from whose account we have received the original payment.